Dharamshala is a hillside town that’s located inside the stunning valley of Kangra. This Naturally adorable vicinity is the high vacationer spot in the valley. It is one of the eighty hill stations that were mounted all through the British rule from the yr 1815 to 1847. It is likewise called the Winter Capital of Himachal Pradesh and it sure does justice to this name. It is a place that is a treat to the eyes as you get to enjoy the view of magnificent, green mountains, inexperienced fertile valley lands, and the Shivalik mountain range. Dharamshala is split into parts i.E., the lower town which by and large encompass houses, stores, colleges and so on.; and the upper city which is likewise known as McLeodganj. The most eye-catching visitor spots are situated in McLeodganj that is at 1082m above the sea degree. It is quite widely recognized to be the vicinity of the house for the extremely good Tibetan chief The Dalai Lama. Offbeat activities that you can revel in Dharamshala like camping, bonfire or only a walk within the markets and meals stalls have a splendor of its very own. A warm cup of tea within the morning so that you can the clear blue clouds and tall inexperienced mountains in itself seem like a heat hug in that bloodless weather.
Also to being mesmerizing with the aid of having remarkable scenic beauty this area is also an amazing appeal for devotees from all over the world. There are many temples located in Dharamshala which vacationers from ways and wide come to go to. If temples are for elders then what’s there for the kids one may additionally question. No issues, there’s something for anybody in Dharamshala, which includes the serene temples and monasteries there are various places which might be famous for adventurous sports activities together with trekking, rappelling, zip line, flying fox, paragliding and many others.
Things to do in Dharamshala:
1. A homage trip to the struggle memorial.
2. A visit to temples and monasteries
3. A Trip to the Dal Lake of Dharamshala
4. Trekking from places like Triund, Kareri Lake, Guna Mata Mandir and so forth.
5. Other Adventure Sports Activities like paragliding, rappelling, zip line, flying fox and so forth.
How to Reach :
By Road: Dharamshala can be reached through an extended automobile drives and bus rides from locations like Delhi, and different close by northern element.
By train: The Nearest Railway station from Dharamshala is Pathankot that is at a distance of 90km.
By Air: The nearest airport is Gaggal Airport, positioned about thirteen km away.
Top Places to visit in Dharamshala
1. War Memorial: This memorial is built at the place to begin of the Dharamshala city. It becomes built for displaying respect to the martyrs that gave up their lives for the sake of their loved state during the conflict among India- Pakistan, and India- China. Their names are engraved on the rocks as a symbol that they are gone but not forgotten. It is located most of the Deodar forest of Dharamshala.
2. McLeodganj: The top part of Dharamshala is an appeal for a large number of tourists from a long way off locations. It is situated 19km away from Kangra valley. Places like Bhagsu Fall, Bhagsunath Temple, and St. John’s Chruch are also located there. It is also a famous location for getting off the Tibetan handcrafts materials and clothing.
3. Bhagsu waterfall: it’s far situated 2km far from McLeodganj. The Bhagsunath Temple is also situated close to this waterfall which is devoted to Lord Shiva. Tourists from locations come to this temple for the blessings of Lord Shiva.
4. Rock Cut Temple: This temple is situated 15km faraway from Kangra. This temple is built within caves. This changed into built at some stage in the 10th century and is widely made up of huge tough rocks. Due to its unique and exciting construction, this temple is also referred to as the Ellora of Himachal Pradesh. This temple is also committed to Lord Shiva.
5. HPCA Stadium: Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium is the stadium that is situated on the best top within the complete global.
6. Dalai Lama Temple: This holy location catches the eyes of now not just Indian but vacationers from all over the global. This temple is located near McLeodganj. This temple remains open from sunrise until sundown and professes the beliefs of the Buddhist faith.
7. Triund Hill: It is a Small Mountain that’s situated within the Kangra Valley. It is 17 km far from Dharamshala. It is extensively famous as a trekking spot many of the travelers that come to visit Dharamshala. It is located at a top of 2850m above sea level. Triund hill is also known as the Crown of Dharamshala. From Triund hill trekkers can also scenic splendor everywhere in the place. With the steerage of a right trekking instructor, anyone who wishes to revel in beauty may be a part of this adventure.
8. Namgyal Monastery: This monastery turned into built underneath the care of Dalai Lama II for the sixteenth century. This monastery turned into, to begin with, situated in Tibet but after the Tibetan rebellion and violence, it became shifted to Dharamshala. This monastery is the residence of the present-day Tibetan Leader the Dalai Lama and additionally, it is the most important Tibetan Temple out of doors Tibet. It is also domestic to around 2 hundred monks.
9. Kangra Fort: It changed into built via the prime Royal Family of Kangra. It is situated at a peak of 350km is unfold at a number four km. Locations like a watchtower, Lakshmi Narayan Temple and Adityanath Temple also can be visible inside this fort. It is assumed that after the tremendous Alexander attacked, this castle became a gift at that point. It is situated 25km far away from Dharamshala and at a distance of five km from Kangra.
10. Dal Lake: this lake is situated at a height of 1800 m above sea level. It is 11km far from Dharamshala. It is surrounded through Deodar woodland. In a way, this lake acts as a base camp for all the trekkers from both Dharamshala and McLeodganj. Every year within September a pageant is organized close to the banks of this lake.
written by- Zoha Khan